Best Vegan Protein Powder
Protein powders are a form of protein supplement popular with athletes and bodybuilders. They are taken to boost the amount of protein intake and encourage muscle growth. Vegan protein powders are plant-based protein powders popular with vegans who want nothing to do with animal products. Not all protein powders are healthy-some contain too much-added sugars, preservatives, or fillers. We'll look at some of the best vegan protein powders.
Plants are a great source of proteins but they have one drawback: they lack all the nine essential amino acids. They aren't complete proteins.
The human body can synthesize some amino acids but those it cannot make, it obtains from the diet. Animal proteins contain all the essential amino acids, but plant proteins usually have one or two missings.
The only plant-based protein with a complete amino acid profile is soy. Not everyone can eat soy, but there are other alternatives. Because different plant proteins contain different amino acids, all you need to do is combine them. Each plant source will supplement what the other lacks.
Certified organic brown rice protein is sprouted and bio-fermented using enzymes that digest the carbohydrate part of the rice to produce a raw protein supplement that is 80% protein. This protein powder has a number of features that make it one of the best vegan protein powders in the market.
- It has a perfect amino acid profile.
98.2% of it is assimilated into the body, with very little going to waste.
- It has one of the highest percentages of raw vegan protein powders.
- This protein powder consists of raw, whole protein, which makes it easily digestible and improves the movement of food in the gut.
- The ingredients used in this protein powder are certified organic, meaning no artificial fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides were used in their production. A lot of vegan protein powders in the market have toxins because they use plant sources grown under these conditions. Ultimate chocolate powder is safe for the whole family.
- It is gluten and allergen-free, so you won't get any bloating or other unpleasant allergic reactions.
- It is low in fat so you don't have to worry about putting on unnecessary pounds.
- Lots of protein powders have an unpleasant taste, but Ultimate Protein has alkalized and fermented cocoa, which gives flavor and has nutrients and antioxidants as well.
- It contains four times more arginine than whey protein. Arginine improves the flow of blood and nutrients to the muscles so you have more energy for your workouts.
- It has lots of glutamine which increases growth hormone levels and enhances the synthesis of proteins.
- It promotes quick absorption of leucine, which slows the breakdown of muscle tissue.
Spirulina is a freshwater alga that was originally discovered in unpolluted alkaline lakes in Mexico and Central Africa. It is now grown for consumption in ponds.
Spirulina from Synergy Natural is grown organically without the addition of artificial herbicides or pesticides. Spirulina is one of the most nutritious foods known, and it is carefully processed and dried to preserve all the nutrients. It has lots of nutritious benefits:
Protein makes up 60 to 70% of its weight, which is more than the protein found in meat, fish, dairy or poultry.
- It has no cholesterol.
- It is nature's most abundant source of vitamin B12, an essential nutrient that is often absent in vegan diets because it is only found in animal proteins.
- It has 25 times more beta-carotene than carrots.
- It has 3 times more vitamin E than wheat germ.
- It has double the amount of chlorophyll found in wheatgrass or barley grass.
- Because it is unrefined, it has a higher rate of absorption than synthetic multi-vitamins and mineral supplements.
- It has 58 times more bio-available iron than spinach.
Chlorella, like Spirulina, is a freshwater alga organically grown and sustainably processed by Synergy Natural into a wholesome vegan protein powder.
It is one of the most nutritious foods found in nature. It eliminates harmful toxins from the body resulting in increased energy and general well-being. It contains lots of bioavailable nutrients. This supplement is among the best vegan protein powders because of the following features:
- A complete amino acid profile.
Vitamins C, E, all the B vitamins, and lots of trace elements.
- It has the highest amount of chlorophyll in any known plant. Chlorophyll helps in detoxifying the body and cellular metabolism.
- It has nucleic acids that help in growth and repair of cells.
- It has the Chlorella Growth Factor, which boosts the immune system and promotes cell growth.
- It is abundant in antioxidants and phytonutrients which eliminate free radicals formed due to dietary and environmental pollutants.
- It improves metabolism by raising the pH and making the body more alkaline. It also reduces acidity caused by over-consumption of acidic foods.
- It is high in iron, which is essential for a healthy circulatory system.
Wheatgrass is the young immature grass of the wheat plant. Synergy Natural wheatgrass is grown organically in fertile, open farmlands to ensure it gets all the nutrients it needs from the soil. It is a superfood with lots of health benefits.
- It has more protein than dairy, eggs, meat, and fish.
- It has more than 80 minerals including potassium, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- It alkalizes the body and reduces the acidifying effect of many of the acidic foods we eat.
- It has lots of fiber which helps in the digestion of food.
- It has 300% of the calcium found in milk, which is useful for maintaining bone density.
- It has 800% more iron than spinach, which is considered a super source of iron.
- It is rich in chlorophyll which helps in eliminating toxins from the body.
The best vegan protein powders are those that are organic, non-toxic, and contain bioavailable proteins with a complete amino acid profile. Once you get there, you're good to go.
Shop our range of vegan organic proteins today!